A thermostat exerts control over by switching cooling and heating of the devices and maintain the correct temperature. A thermostat is usually used in any device or system that’s heat or cool to a setpoint temperature such as a heater, air conditioner, microwave, refrigerator, etc. A thermostat is essential to keep the appliances safe and have a long life. So, Let’s see the top 5 list of thermostat :
1. Nest Learning Thermostat (3rd generation)
The Nest learning thermostat is a product that comes under the price of $225. The Nest Learning thermostat is made from the stainless steel and adjusts your heating and cooling as per your preference within the week of installation. It has a 2.1’’ display with the resolution of 480x 480 and the thermostat can easily sense your presence within the room due to the sensor. This thermostat has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and it can be controlled via the Nest app from your smartphones, laptop, tablet, etc.
Once you set the account on your nest learning app then it lets you control the thermostat from anywhere if you are connected through the Wi-fi, you can change its settings, see its status and more. The farsight is another feature that is very convenient, as soon as the thermostat sense your presence it lights up to display the current time and temperature. The most important feature is that it helps you save energy with just a few adjustments the Nest thermostat learns about your habits and sets up the temperature accordingly and saves up the money in the process. Furthermore, it can turn itself off when it senses no one is at home.
The sensor in the thermostat can sense the temperature, Humidity, Ambient light, far-field activity and near field activity and alert you of the situation or even suggest a right course of action, like turning on the fan if it’s too stuffy, etc. It also works with Amazon Alexa and Google assistant. The most beautiful part is that the Nest thermostat comes in four colors: Copper, Stainless Steel, Black, and White. So that you can choose the one that suits your style and match your house perfectly. It adds in the essence of your décor.
- The thermostat preserves energy by turning itself off when no one is present at home
- Nest’s thermostat tracks your temperature preferences and schedule then programs itself accordingly.
- The farsight help us see from a large distance
- The company’s two-year warranty is shorter than the industry average.
- Room sensor sold separately.
- WiFi issues.
Also Read: Top 5 Drones under $25 – Best for Beginners
The Ecoobe4 comes under $250. But with the given features in this product, no one is surprised. Most of the thermostat works in only one room but the Ecobee4 comes with the room sensor so it covered the areas that matter the most and ensure that your home is comfortable in every corner by managing the hot and cold accordingly. You can easily adjust the temperature from anywhere using your Android or iOS and other devices.
Smart home/Away can automatically enable the right mode when it sensed that no one is at home and helps you save at least save up to 23% in heating and cooling costs each year. The free energy report shows you how much energy you’ve conserved each month and give you some insight on your cooling and heating devices. And moreover it comes with built-in Alexa, so you can ask ecobee4 to read the news, set a timer, adjust the temperature, play some music. You can set the volume with your phone and with the far-field voice the ecobee4 can hear you from far across the room. The installation process is easy and fast and you can even do it yourself just follow the manual and your ecobee4 will be set.
- It has built-in Alexa, which is easier to command.
- Easy to set up.
- Excellent features.
- No battery backup.
- Medicore remote access.
- Scheduling is unintuitive.
3. Honeywell Smart WiFi programmable color touch thermostat
The Honeywell Smart color thermostat will be in your possession under $200. It has a variety of features that gives you a very good experience with your appliances and also help to save your money. This also works with the Wifi so you can devise and operate the thermostat from anywhere with the free App and you can manage the thermostat with the touch screen and also change the background color to match your home.
The Honeywell color thermostat also provides on-screen comfort information, indoor humidity sensor, smart response scheduling, flexible scheduling and energy saving mode. It is also compatible with the Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, etc.
- The Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat’s touchscreen display makes it very easy to use.
- Learns HVAC system performance to make sure temperature is right on time.
- Very good touchscreen.
- Independent fan control.
- This unit does not have motion sensors to trigger your HVAC system if you are home outside of your usual schedule.
- It requires a C-wire.
- Lacks fine-tuning control over ranges on programs that have already been set.
Also Read: Top 5 Best Earbuds under $25
4. Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat with Touchscreen Color Display
You can buy this product under $170. It also has similar features to others above in the list. It is compatible with the HVAC equipment found in most homes and it saves about 23% of the energy, It as features like geofencing, and adjust itself with your schedule within the 7-days of the installation.
It can be accessed remotely from anywhere with the Sensi App and gives energy usage reports. It works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, etc. The Emerson Sensi Touch Thermostat also has HD touchscreen with the back glow. the sensor detects extreme temperature and humidity level in your home and alerts you right away with the smart alert.
- Contains the geofencing feature to detect when there is someone at home.
- The Emerson Sensi has an excellent mobile app and Amazon Echo support.
- Large touchscreen display.
- Automatically detects temperature and humidity extremes.
- Doesn’t feature an outdoor temperature display on the monitor screen.
- No easily accessible fan indicator or icon.
- It doesn’t have an automatic scheduling system.
Also Read: Top 5 Best Convertible Car Seats
5. Lux/Geo WiFi thermostat
For those who don’t want to spend as much money on a thermostat, this is the best choice for them with the price under $95. This product doesn’t have as many features as the above but it is one of the best on its range. The Lux/Geo thermostat is easy to install like a standard thermostat. It provides iOS and Android App so that it can be operated remotely from anywhere with the geofencing.
It has easy away and back settings for added saving and comfort. Lux/Geo has three power option: AA lithium batteries, micro-USB connection and system power. The Lux/Geo also works with Amazon Alexa enabled devices when installing with C-wire(System Power) or USB power options.
- The LUX/GEO’s three-year warranty is among the longest we’ve seen on a thermostat.
- The geofencing works reliably.
- Works with 24 Volts system including heat pumps, hydronic plus gas millivolt systems.
- This thermostat took longer than average to install.
- The display is small and not a touchscreen.
- Temperature sensor only no humidity or motion.
The thermostat made a very good addition to your home that will surely help you with saving energy and keeping your appliances safe thus makes your home more secure. Hope this list helps you find the best thermostat for your home.