Throughout all our childhood there were many things that excite us and a carnival use to top the list, whenever a carnival is mentioned then we use to start counting days to go and enjoy the day. It does not change throughout the days, kids still get excited at the mere mention of carnival with so many games and rides to try along with the food. The carnivals come once a year but bring a lot of happiness and fun along, with bright tents and people setting their booths, it is a different experience in itself, not only the kids but the adults also enjoy the festive environment that carnivals brings. However, one thing is the games on the carnival that can never be beaten.
Who doesn’t want to try their hands on carnival games to win the allotted prizes, Kids certainly doesn’t want to skip in all the fun and certainly want to try all the games it has to offer. So today, we are going to list the top 5 carnival games for kids.
1. Cola Ring Toss
Now, this is one game that doesn’t get old no matter what, an easy but fun game everyone wants to try to get themselves a bottle of cola for free, the rules are simple and you get to win your favorite cola bottle with a bit of concentration and good aim.
- Cola bottles preferable 2 Liters plastic bottles.
- Cane Rack ring for tossing.
- A table.
How to play
- There will be quite a number of different cola bottles set in a table or a booth.
- The booth owner will provide the player with five can rack rings to try their luck with winning a soda of your liking.
- If the player successfully tosses the ring in one of the bottles then the soda will be theirs, and if the player ringed more than 1 then they get to choose between the sodas the player ringed.
- If you couldn’t toss the ring on any bottle ( which happened more than we can count ) then you lose the game and try your luck neck time.
It sure does sound easy, but if you try to do this then you’ll find that tossing the ring on a bottle successfully is easier said than done. You will most likely to lose a lot of money just to see the ring hanging from a bottle’s neck but if your aim is good then this game is just for you to try your hands on and get your favorite soda.
Also Read: Top 5 Board Games of all time
2. Dart Throw
This is another game that we all just love and couldn’t leave the carnival without playing this game and try to win some of the prizes it has to offer, the rules are piece of cake and in this too you just need a good aim and concentration and bam! You can win a prize.
- A large sheet of cardboard or a piece of wood, plywood most likely.
- Tape or thumbtacks.
- Styrofoam mini balls.
- Small piece of paper.
How to Play
- Insert some Styrofoam mini balls on some of the balloons or a piece of paper with the prize written on it, afterward inflate the balloons.
- The inflated balloons are attached on the wood or the cardboard.
- A player is given two darts to try their hand on the game.
- The player aim and try to hit the balloon that attached to the wooden surface, if they burst the balloon then the items inside it will come out and if you were lucky then you would get the various prize slip that’s written on it and if not then the Styrofoam mini balls will come out and you won’t get any prize.
The fun part of the game is trying their luck even if you burst a balloon there is no guarantee you will get the prize but then again popping a balloon is also difficult, all this makes for a very fun game where your luck and talent both played a part. I for one just love this game to try to get my hands on the prizes that looks so appealing to the eyes.
3. Guess How Many
We have another fun game on the chart, Guess how many is an observation game but with using only your eyes, no touching or using any method allowed. But the prizes are hefty if you manage to score a win. You just have to test your luck and guess, if you get it right then no doubt you will win the prize.
- Colorful candies like gems, jelly beans, beaded necklace and etc.
- Colorful plastic jars.
- Small slips of paper.
How to Play
- The plastic jar will be filled to the brim with different contains like candies, beaded necklace etc.
- All the players will be given a piece of paper and pens.
- The players need to observe and guess the number of contains( i.e. Candies, jelly beans) that is inside the jar.
- The players need to write their answer on the piece of paper along with their name.
- The players will submit the answer and the stand owner will check all players answers.
- Those who guess the answer correctly will be rewarded with the jar of goods as a prize.
It’s a game that will give the player prize aka candies and other goods with a single guess, Luck is also a factor that works on the players favor not just observation skill, and from what I can tell Kids tend to be lucky to be ready to face some losses.
Also Read: Top 5 Best Earbuds under $25
4. Water Ring Game
Another fun game that will give you a chance to double your money or lose it entirely to the owner. And well who would not get excited at the chance of doubling your coins in a single game with a simple toss of a coin. Now, this kind of things surely excite the kids much more than others, which kid doesn’t get excited at the aspect of earning your own money no matter the method of earning.
- A transparent bucket.
- A ring or a glass bangle can also suffice.
- Waterproof Glue.
- 15-20 liter of water to fill the bucket to the brim.
How to Play
- First, the bangle or ring needed to be fixed inside the base of the bucket with the help of glue, so it won’t slide here and there.
- Then the bucket needed to be filled to the brim with clear water so that we can see the ring on the bottom properly.
- The player needs to use a coin and try to toss it inside the ring.
- If the player successfully tosses the coin inside the ring ( which is harder as the water has different density and the coin change it path halfway ) then the player will get the double of the amount they used for example if the player used a 5 Rs coin then they’ll get 10 Rs as their prize. And if they ring their coin then they lost that amount to the owner.
It is a really fun way and kind of addicting too as the players really want to get back the amount they used and lose much more along the way. It’s fun and overall a very good game that everyone loves to try their hands on.
5. Milk Bottle Pyramid
This is one game that every kid just love to play. Almost every kid love to knock down things and if they were given a prize to knock down things then it makes for a very fun game indeed!
- Milk bottles
How to Play
- The milk bottles are filled to make it a bit heavier.
- The milk bottles are placed in a pyramid shape, the pyramid can be 3 to 1 or 4 to 1.
- A player is given three chances to shoot the bottles with the softball.
- If they manage to shot down every single bottle then they win the game and win the prize. If they can not shot down all the bottles then they lose.
It is a fun game every child just loves to try, even though they won’t manage to shot down every single one of them it’s still fun to shot down things ( Milk bottles in this case) and didn’t get the scolding from their parents for it.
All the games listed above are easy to set up with the least amount of money invested in it. All the games are fun to play and bring in good prices for the kids and wake drive to win the games to get what they want. It’s fun to teach your kids good things along the way without getting in their way to enjoyment. Even if they lose the games you can cheer them up by buying them sweet candy which is every kid’s favorite carnival sweet. A carnival is fun and everyone enjoy it but the games made it more special.