Nowadays which kid doesn’t like a superhero, And every single one of them gets excited just by hearing the name of their superhero and enjoy all going on superhero themed parties pretending to be their favorite superhero and saving the world from the clutches of evil. There are many superheroes that kids love but there is no doubt that every single one of them has their personal favorite like Iron man, Captain America, Batman, Spiderman, Superman to name a few, although every single one will go crazy if someone said the name, Avengers. If there is a superhero themed party then every single kid will be ready with their costume out but if you are having a superhero themed party then having a superhero themed games is a must too. So cut short your work and give you with some ideas we have made a list of some superhero themed games that your kid will surely enjoy.
1. Captain America
No superhero themed party can start without the brave and fierce Captain America, the leader of the Avengers that sure to teach us the value of honesty, patriotism and bravery. The way captain America brings justice with his shield and power, it is no wonder that he is kids favorite superhero and we have a game based on Captain America that kids will sure to enjoy.
- Paper plates to use as shields, it would be best if they are on captain America themed colors.
- A square or rectangle box or basket, same it would be best to have captain America themed colors to get the more feel on them.
- A duct tape.
Also Read: 5 best carnival games for kids
How to Play
- Players should stand at least 20 feet away from the basket behind the duct tape that’s representing the Line.
- The basket should be placed on the other side of the line.
- Give a player the paper plates their shield and let them toss it on the basket.
- There must be a time limit of 1 minute( or more if you want) as to how long a player can toss the paper plate that’s working as the shield and basket them.
- Write down the no. of plates-shield a player has a basket.
- Then the player who baskets the maximum amount of paper-plate-shield will be the winner of the game.
- You can give a gift to the kid that won the game but even if you won’t kids will still be excited to play the game.
The game is fun and all the kids enjoy themselves immensely when they pretend to be Captain America.
Now who doesn’t know Wolverine, if you are interested in superhero then you must know Wolverine, the superhero we all love in X-men series. He is a bit standoffish and brooding most of the time, He doesn’t like to follow the rules, consider to be a tough antihero but what are the norms for being a hero anyway, we love him and playing the wolverine themed game is much more fun than anything.
- Colored pencil.
- Regular white sheet of paper.
How to play
- Split the group into two teams and name them, for example, A and B
- Ask the member of team A to choose a person and asked team B to give the chosen member a superhero related word.
- The chosen person will have to place three color pencil between their knuckles and draw (that’s harder than you are imagining) something that’s related to the word given to him/her.
- Team A needs to guess what the picture is about, if they guessed correctly then they win a point and if they couldn’t they won’t get any point.
- And the same cycle will repeat again with a different person till everyone has their turn on a drawing.
Note:- The game can be a bit complicated so adults should participate in the game, it will be great fun for you too as it is not easy to draw with three pencils between your knuckles.
Once upon a time we all wanted to have cool retractable claws and inhuman abilities to fight off evils but we can settle down with a man-made pencil and pretend those pencils are claws and we are wolverine along with the Kids. It’s so fun to play along with the kids when they aren’t throwing tantrum about this and that.
Now Spider-man is one superhero that we were introduced to much earlier in cinematic universe, so it is no surprise that our friendly neighborhood Spiderman is the favorite superhero of many Kids, with three different Spider-Man appearing on the screens already, it just made us like Spider-Man even more with each movie, But I’m pretty sure the kids of four years are not allowed to watch the movies yet but you can bet that they can still play the game and be a great spider-man themselves.
- Sticky hands to use as the spider string.
- Plastic spiders.
Also Read: Top 5 Board Games of all time
How to play
- Scatter a lot of the plastic spiders throughout the playing area.
- Give each of the players a sticky hand.
- Then let the players stick as many spider as they can in a minute or the time you set for them to collect the spider.
- Once the time is up to check all the kid’s sticky hands and check how many number of plastic spider they collected.
- The one with the maximum number of plastic spiders on their sticky hands will be the winner.
- You can reward the kid with a prize.
Pretending to be Spider-Man is something we all have done once at least once in our lifetime and seeing the kids experiencing the same things is truly fun not only for them but also for the adults who are watching them.
Batman is one superhero that’s also kids favorite, he is one of the coolest superheroes out there (After iron man though because in my opinion no one can beat iron man on being the coolest superhero ever) Batman didn’t have any super cool power or a powered up suit, all the powers he has is because of all the hard work he has done to get them, he is one of a good examples for a superhero to teach your hard work and responsibility.
- Regular white copy papers.
- Plastic cups.
- Batman villains or any other toys that your child may have.
How to play
- Distribute 10 to 12 regular papers to the players.
- Players must make the Bet jet aka paper airplane to knock the villains down.
- Place 3 villains (i.e. Toys) atop the cups.
- The players need to knock off the villains from across the room.
- The players need to knock of all the three villains in the allotted time limit to win the game.
- If players couldn’t knock off the villains in the allotted time then the villains win the game and the players lost.
This proved to be one of the hard games to play as the paper simply does not weight enough to knock off the small toys aka villains. But this is what made them fun too as we try again and again to reach our goals, hard work is the key they say right.
MUST WATCH PARTY GAMES FOR KIDS!
5. Wonder Women
The list is so far about the male superhero and we simply can not allow to end this list without adding a female superhero and who better than DC’s Wonder Women to finish off the list.
- 3 lightweight gold items.
How to play
- Give all the player a piece of string and tell players to tie the knot at the end of the string to make a ‘Lasso.’
- Place all the three gold items on the ground almost five feet away from the player.
- The players have to use the lasso to grab the gold items and bring the items towards themselves.
- They can drag the items, pick them up, or use whatever method they want to use without leaving their spot.
- If the players bring all the three items then they win the game, if they can not bring the items to them then they lose.
This game is fun to play and even watch as the players struggle to bring the gold items to themselves. The players need to work hard if they want to win this game.
Summary :- All the games stated above is easy and fun but the players need to concentrate and work hard to win the game just like a superhero needs to work hard to defend the people and defeat the evil. If a party will have all these games then it is a sure way that the kids will enjoy the party and adults will enjoy with them, so bring out you kids superhero outfit and get ready to organize a cool superhero party with all the cool games for your kids to enjoy.